The St. Gregory the Great Church Enhancement Committee has prepared a display in the gathering space to illustrate recommended enhancements, which resulted from Parish Survey comments, group study of Church Architecture and Design, and consensus of the group for improvements to the existing Church as outlined below.
- Relocate new Tabernacle to Sanctuary Apse
- Modify existing Tabernacle table to support new marble top
- Infill Creation wall with wood panel to the halfway point of the first pane of stained glass
- Accent curved Apse wall with faux paint finish to reinforce the star – which represents Jesus in each existing stained glass window
- Replace the floor finish on modified Tabernacle platform with stone
- Modify the pilasters at the Sanctuary sides to incorporate two statuary niches for new statuary: Blessed Virgin and St. Joseph with Child
- Remove speakers from Sanctuary soffit and enhance the existing Baldachin with veneer finish as on the creation wall soffit
- Install new audio/visual system
- Relocate Credence table to the area of existing Tabernacle
- Relocate Sanctuary lamp
- Repair baptismal font by replacing crumbling marble with granite
A few pictures are below. This project is closely following our Five-Year Strategic Plan which all parishioners participated in crafting. If you would like to review it once again, please click here.
I acknowledge the financial difficulties that some are having in this economic climate. This project in no way diminishes our parish’s strong support for the care of the poor. The project will only commence once all the funds have been received through private donations. The enhancement will only be funded by your generosity, so if you are interested in assisting, please click here for the pledge form. For more information, please contact Mr. Bud Dotsey, Director of Development, Bud Dotsey at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank in a particular way the Church Enhancement Committee, led by Mrs. Caryn Wohn, for their diligence in bringing this beautiful work for our review.