During Lent, we are invited, along with our families, to draw closer to Jesus by reflecting on our lives, spending time in prayer, repenting of our sins, and doing good deeds. Come take up this beautiful journey from Ash Wednesday to Easter.
Ash Wednesday Masses - February 13th
7am & 8:30am – Masses
12:15pm, 5:30pm, 7pm – Ash Services
PREPARING FOR THE JOURNEY
Prayer prepares us for the Lenten journey
- Adoration - every Tuesday from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM followed by Benediction at 7:00 PM
- Miraculous Medal Novena - every Monday after the 8:30 AM Mass
- Rosary - weekdays and Saturdays after the 8:30 AM Mass
PROVISIONS FOR THE JOURNEY
- Sunday Liturgy—- Saturday 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM and Sunday 7:30 AM, 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 Noon and 6:00 PM
- Daily Mass - 7:00 AM (except Saturday) and 8:30 AM
- Stations of the Cross—- Fridays in Lent at 7:30 PM
- Confessions—- 20 minutes before every Mass (except 7:00 AM weekday Mass) and Saturdays at 3:30 PM. To provide more opportunities for parishioners to avail themselves of the Sacrament of Reconciliation, every Saturday in Lent at 3:30pm, a visiting Priest will join our parish Priest to hear confessions. The Parish Reconciliation Service is scheduled for Tuesday March 5th at 7:00pm.
- Catholicism series starts February 19th, 7:30pm - 8:30pm
- Lenten Family Mission with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal - March 9th through March 13th.
- St. Joseph's Feast - from March 11th to March 19th, Novena to be said after weekday Masses or on your own. St. Joseph's Day Celebration on March 19th after the 8:30am Mass.
- Reconciliation Service - March 5th at 7:00 pm
- GYM (Gregorian Youth Ministry) - call Renee Madaio at (609) 587-1131 ext 404 for information
- Young Adults Group - call Kristin Perilli at 587-1131 ext 231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information
- Prayer Group - Tuesdays at 7:30 PM in the chapel
- Interested in becoming Catholic—- call Pat Seladi 587-1131 ext 244 or 609-448-8319
- RCIA Catechumens and Candidates—- remember their special Lenten journey in your prayers
- Adoptive Family Liturgy - Saturday, March 16 at 6:30 PM, refreshments following in Ferrante Hall
WALKING THE WALK
Home Life gives us the tools we need to help our families become stronger and healthier. Become INTENTIONAL and learn ways to nurture faith at home.
Visit the Home Life Center in the gathering space or check their website by clicking here.
- Join a ministry to serve the parish or to help people in the community
- Make a donation to the poor box in the gathering space. Funds go to Mount Carmel Guild.
- Go to confession during Lent and monthly thereafter.
- Fast, abstain, and do other acts of penance.
- ASH WEDNESDAY and GOOD FRIDAY are days of fast and abstinence.
- FRIDAYS OF LENT are also days of abstinence.
- FASTING is to be observed by everyone 18 years of age and older and who have not yet celebrated their 59th birthday. On a fast day, one full meal is allowed. Two other meals, sufficient to maintain strength, may be taken according to each one’s needs, but together they should not equal another full meal. Eating between meals is not permitted, but liquids, including milk and juices, are allowed.
- ABSTINENCE is observed by everyone 14 years of age and older. On days of abstinence, no meat is al-lowed.
- Note that when health or the ability to work would be seriously affected, the law does not oblige. When in doubt concerning fast and abstinence, the parish priest should be consulted. Fasting, almsgiving, and prayer are the three traditional disciplines of Lent. The faithful and catechumens should undertake these practices seriously in a spirit of penance and prepara-tion for baptism or renewal of baptism at Easter.
HOLY WEEK 2013
PALM SUNDAY, March 23rd & March 24th(Palm distribution at every Mass)
Saturday , 5:00 pm, 6:30 pm
Sunday 7:30 am, 9:00 am,10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 6:00 pm
Monday, March 25th
Masses at 7:00 am and 8:30 am
Masses at 7:00 am and 8:30 am
Tuesday, March 26th
Adoration from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm with Benediction to follow
Wednesday, March 27thMasses at 7:00 am and 8:30 am
JOURNEY'S END - EASTER TRIDUUM
HOLY THURSDAY Mass, March 28th(No Morning Mass)
Mass of the Lord’s Supper – 7:30 pm
Eucharistic Adoration – until midnight
Night Prayer – 11:45 pm until midnight
GOOD FRIDAY Mass, March 29th(No Morning Mass)
Commemoration of the Lord’s PassionVeneration of the Cross with Holy Communion – 3:00 pm
Evening Service with Veneration of the Cross – 7:30 pm
HOLY SATURDAY, March 30th(No Morning Mass)
Blessing of Easter Food – 1:00 pm
Great and Solemn Vigil of Easter - 8:00 pm
EASTER SUNDAY, March 31st
The Resurrection of the Lord
(There will be no 6:00 pm Evening Mass)